Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kidding Haircuts

Yesterday I noticed that Dolce had started to develop a small udder.  I decided that afternoon, that the next day I would just clean up and clip the does that are due first.  So this morning I clipped Dolce, Sparkles, and Smarty.

 It's kind of hard to see it in this picture but compared to the picture below, you may be able to see the slight change..

 Dolce's mother pants was a nightmare to clip, but I got it done and over with.
Sparkle's was the best to clip.  She never even batted an eye at me putting the clippers on her, which surprised me.  I doubt that goat has ever been clipped in her whole life, and even my goats that have been clipped before lose their minds the first time I put the clippers on them!  Her udder is slowly starting to fill.  We're 34 days away from her kidding date.

Despite what some of the 3 may have thought of the experience it will help them come kidding time.  It'll ensure everything is hygienic, or I guess as hygienic as giving birth in a barn can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment